Noah’s Ark Preschool & Kindergarten
Celebrates 17 Years!
Noah’s Ark Preschool and Kindergarten, a ministry of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, opened the door to the children and families of the community September 2000 with director, Jan Wilton, and 3 teachers; Wendy Hicks, Karen Reagan, and Jodi Dickerman. The school began with morning classes and soon realized that families of the surrounding neighborhood were in need of a preschool that could offer a full-time and flexible schedule.
Currently the school offers families the flexibility to choose the days and hours that best meets their needs from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Each family is given options for their child. Noah’s Ark staff provides an environment that supports the home and needs of the child. Director and teachers strive to resource, encourage, inspire and motivate parents in the faith formation of their children.
Noah’s Ark Full Day Kindergarten began in 2004, for the purpose of meeting the needs of families who wanted a full day Bible based learning experience for their kindergarten children. By the end of the kindergarten year, the children are enthusiastically reading and receive a children’s Bible at the annual kindergarten graduation.
2007 Noah’s Ark had the privilege to be the youngest choir to sing the National Anthem for an Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game or any national baseball league event. This choir of 50 plus children, Noah’s Ark students and their siblings, ranging in age 4 – 12, was seen on national television for each of four games during 2007 – 2009. Prior to singing for the Diamondbacks, they were featured at the opening service of ELEA/ELCA National Administrator/Pastor Conference in October 2006.
Noah’s Ark children and families are generous and over the past years have donated and raised:
- 2001 12 boxes soft toys and blankets sent to children of Lower Manhattan Lutheran preschools
- 2003-2017 St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital Trike-a-Thon raised over $51,000
- 2001-2004 Thanksgiving food boxes – approx 12 per year
- 2002 Christmas Angel Tree – for approximately 12 families
- 2006-2009 Christmas Angel Tree for children at Esperanza Children’s Home in Rocky Point, Mexico
- Collected old towels and blankets for animal rescue items
- 2008 and 2009 sent 100+ Operation Christmas Child Boxes
- Helped an family with a medical financial need of $4000
- Helped with money for an individual to have eye surgery
- Collected item for a women’s and children’s shelter
- 2009 Raised about $200 for two year old Mesa child who needed a heart transplant
- 2010 Kindergarten raised $200+ with lemonade stand for Haiti Relief
- 2008-Present Collected food for the food shelf in Mesa, during the weeks before Thanksgiving
- 2010-Present Gave Angel Tree gifts to the children of Child Crisis AZ
- Help to plant, nurture and harvest food from the Harvest of Hope Garden, to be sent to the food bank